Arbaeen; The Walk
By Sheikh Mohammed Al-Hilli
This book explores the historical, spiritual, social and theological basis of the world’s biggest annual peace gathering: Arbaeen. Drawing on his own personal experiences of the walk, the author probes into:
– The significance of the number 40
– Islamic emphases on walking
– Remarkable benefits of the journey
– Essential tips for those taking part
– Personal experiences from around the world!
– Reflections and etiquettes of the ziyarah (visitation) and much more..
This book is a must-read for anyone wanting to know more about the annual walk undertaken by millions of Shia Muslims.