Mohammad Ali Shomali
As part of The Islamic Reference Series
Islamic Reference Series offers a scholarly study of main aspects of the Islamic thought. Bringing together the classic texts and contemporary writings, each volume provides original and engaging coverage of its subject.
– Spiritual Direction: An Islamic Perspective on Self-purification
– Remembrance of God: The Only Way to Human Salvation and Prosperity
– The Principle and the Practice of the Remembrance of God: An Islamic Perspective
– Contemplation in Islamic Spirituality
– Reflections on Prayer: A Muslim Perspective
– Religion and Mysticism
Mohammad Ali Shomali is a graduate of the Islamic Seminaries of Qum and has also BA and MA in western philosophy from the University of University of Manchester. His publications include: Self-Knowledge (1996 & 2006), Ethical Relativism: An Analysis of the Foundations of Morality (2001), Shi’a Islam: Origins, Faith and Practises (2003) and Islam: Doctrines, Practices & Morals (2007). He is a co-editor of Catholics & Shi’a in Dialogue: Studies in Theology & Spirituality (2004), Catholic-Shi’a Engagement: Reason & Faith in Theory and Practice (2006) and Catholic-Shi’a Dialogue: Ethics in Today’s Society (2008).